Our Class Website!
Welcome to Mrs. Dargusch's second grade class. Please remember to read and sign your child's agenda daily. Reading and math logs are due at the end of each month.
Announcements: Please click on the tab on the left that says "Files and Documents" to see important updates for our class.
Upcoming topics in the third quarter include:
Reading- inferences, summarizing
Writing- persuasive writing
Math- adding and subtracting double digit numbers, counting money to $1.50, skip counting
Social Studies- American Indians
Class Vision Statement:
Room 191 is filled with smart, kind, hard working, star students.
Class Mission Statement:
We will show we are smart by earning a S or S+. We will show we are kind by being nice to others. We will show we are hard working by completing assignments quietly. We will show we are star students by filling our bucket.
How can parents help at home?
1. Tell your child to play Dream Box.
2. Tell your child to play Smarty Ants.
3. Practice addition and subtraction math facts to 18. Practice to work on fluency. Your child should know an answer in 3 seconds or less.
4. Have your child count a handful of change. Your child needs to count money to $2.00 by the end of the year with a mixture of quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies.
5. Ask your child questions as they read a book to you. Have them retell and/or summarize a story. How were the characters feeling? What were they thinking? Why did that character behave that way? What character traits can you use to describe that character? What do you predict will happen next?
6. Talk to your child about their conduct and work habits in school. Encourage them to always be a quality student.