We are a class of fantastic kindergartners at Swans Creek that always work as a team. We are respectful, responsible and hardworking students.
In room 196 we are respectful by being kind to people and helping one another.
We will be responsible by following the school rules and being a quality student.
We will be hardworking students by doing our best in school.
* Always turn in our class work
* Build our stamina and become better readers and writers
* Know all of our key ring words
Welcome to Kindergarten!!
Together we are going to learn new things, play new games, and open a whole new world! I hope to instill a love for learning and exploring in the hearts of our Kindergarten students throughout the year!
3rd quarter interims will be coming home on March 15th. Please sign one copy and send it back to school. Please keep the other copy for your recorders.
End of 3rd Quarter
April 6th is the end of the 3rd quarter.
Teacher Workday (no school)
Teacher workday is scheduled on April 7th.
Spring Break (no school)
Spring break is scheduled from April 10th - 17th.
Spring Fun Run
PTA will be holding their annual Spring Fun Run. Information on this event will be coming home soon; I hope you can join us!!
The book fair is scheduled from April 24th - 28th.
3rd quarter report cards will be sent home on April 25th. Please sign the yellow folder and sent it back to school. Please keep your child's report card for your records.
Things You Can Do At Home
- Read, Read, Read
- Practice identifying letters, sounds and numbers
- Practice writing the sounds your child hears in words
- Sorting objects
- Writing your child's name correctly
- Counting objects and writing the number
- Identifying coins and counting coins to ten cent
- Read and write sight words
- Write sentences
- Telling time to the hour on analog and digital clocks