Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to register my child?
See our Registration Information Page.

How early can I drop off my child? What time can I pick them up?
Please do not drop off your student earlier than 8:30. Children are dismissed at 3:25. No students will be dismissed from the office after 3:15.  If you need to remove your child from the bus for pick up, you'll need to sign him or her out from the office.

What kind of awards can my child earn during the school year?
Click here to learn about Swans Creek Awards

I would like to celebrate my child's birthday at school. What can I bring to school?
Every child's birthday is special, but parties in school are not allowed. Parents are not allowed to bring in cupcakes to be served at lunch. However, Food Services is offering different options to help you celebrate. They are cookies, popcorn, pencils, or bookmarks. To learn more about these options, click here. Please note, the teacher will not be present in the cafeteria to assist. 

What if my child loses something?
You should have your child check with the lost and found in the office. Periodically, unclaimed items in the lost and found are sent to the local ACTS shelter to support the less fortunate. Please remember to put your child's name on the tag of his or her jacket, scarves, mittens, and lunch boxes to prevent lost items.

Is there a nurse on staff?
Yes, information about the school clinic can be found here.

When is Kindergarten registration?
Kindergarten registration is usually held sometime in April. Dates and times will be determined in the future.

My child is going to be absent. What should I do?
If you know in advance that your child will be absent from school the next day, please notify your child's teacher in advance. If your child is unexpectedly going to be absent due to an illness or an emergency, please remember to send a note in to the school when he or she returns. If you would like for the teacher to gather any missed work, you must notify the school in the morning. Then you may be able to pick up any missed work after school.

What if I want my child to go home a different way than usual?
Please send in a note on days you would like your child to go home a different way than usual. Students will not be allowed to ride home on a different bus without written permission.

How do I add money to my child's meal account?
Each student has a meal debit account that follows him or her to any Prince William County School. You may send in cash or a check made payable to PWCFS (Prince William County Food Services). Please put your child's first and last name in the memo section of the check so that the proper account is credited. If you would like to put restrictions on the account, please contact our cafeteria manager.